Monday, January 26, 2009

Done with doom and gloom

Yes possums, it’s true, we’re in a recession...as if I had to remind you. Thanks to a plethora of economic wizards around the world, we are reminded each and every day that the world’s financial climate is officially in the shitter. I don’t know about you, but I'm a smidgen sick of the statistics, the daily layoff tallies, and staring at a somber Pamela Martin regurgitate the same news night after night. She should seriously reconsider her hair style by the way, but I digress. Two thumbs down I say!

Instead of monitoring your financial statements, might i suggest you step out of reality for a moment to engage in some fiscally responsible activities sure to help you break free from budgeting while having a well-deserved belly laugh. With that, allow me to share with you the...

Urban Cowgirl’s Top Economic Exertions

1) A dear friend of mine passed along this little jewel - completely bizarre, but something about it makes me want to crank it on my ipod and beat someone with my ‘rhythm stick’.

2) Apologies go out to my cat-loving loyalists, but I find this rather amusing. Silly kitty.

3) Go straight to your nearest skytrain station and wait for a busy train to unload. When the passengers make their dash to the exit, stop someone and pretend that you know them. Make a scene! Accost them with an enthusiastic embrace if you will, then sit back and watch in delight while they walk away bewildered by your brazen attack of affection. Call it economic love.

4) Catch a comedy show featuring some homegrown talent, like lovable local comic Darcy Micheal. I use the term ‘lovable’ loosely as he will affectionately abuse you should you situate yourself in the front row, however this politically-charged pot head is a must-see.

5) Pop down to Denman Street for Beard Papa’s fresh ‘n natural cream puffs. They are neither a beard, nor a papa. Just a cream puff. Puzzling yet pretty tasty.

I felt a little Jerry Maguire-esque with this post. Like I had to come up a mission statement to save my possums from full-on financial misery. Instead, I choose Youtube...and Beard Papas.

Cin Cin possums
UC xx

No comments: